About linux distros then this news come with the new Devil-Linux 1.8.0-rc1 released. You can download it from here.
The size is 323 Mb and come with this changes:
- Major overhaul
- Most programs and libraries have been updated
- Unmaintained programs and libraries have been removed
- added google-authenticator for PAM
- added dovecot-pigeonhole
- squashfs is now the main file system with lz4-hc compression
- mounting of bootcd.iso from another storage devices is not supported anymore. Use bootcd.squash
- save-config now reads /etc/sysconfig/save-config.conf to determine additional files that shoule be saved (Frank Weis)
- added a new init script /etc/init.d/post_init.local to help with some initializations scripts that need to run after everything else is up
- replace bacula with bareos. manual migration is necessary.
- removed Linux-HA and moved to Corosync 2.x + Pacemaker (new industry standard
If you want to boot Devil-Linux from CD, you need to burn bootcd.iso to a new CD.
If you want to boot DL from USB, locate the file 'install-on-usb.exe'
which is the one with a Devil-Linux icon. Your USB drive must be at
least 512MB in size with expendable.