miercuri, 2 ianuarie 2013

Linux - Fedora and Android make read-only file system.

I don't know what is the problem with linux - Fedora and Andoid OS.

After I put my usb cable seam Fedora make from write disk to read-only.

Maybe the Android when scan the device set to read-only.

So you can get some error like this when you use the chown commmand:

chown: changing ownership of ...: Read-only file system

That can be one big problem when you want to copy files on your tablet.

I found a solution, just use remount.

# mount -o rw,remount /media/disk

If you want to make read-only , use:

# mount -o ro,remount /media/disk

That will solve this issue.

2 comentarii:

DRAGNUCS spunea...

Thanks for the solution. I took the liberty to translate it to French on my blog. Of course, I gave you credit.

Catalin George Festila spunea...

Yes. You can share this info. Thanks for watching.

Trimiteți un comentariu